Congregation Ohav Emeth -- or "O.E." as it is known in Highland Park/Edison alphabet soup language -- was formed in 1918 in New Brunswick. It's full name was Congregation Ohav Emeth Anshe Ungarn (Lover of Truth of the Hungarians).
1967 - 1999
Rabbi Eliezer Kaminetzky became our Rabbi in 1967, and in 1973 the location was moved to the Rabbi's home in Highland Park. In 1977 the present shul building was purchased and in 1983 the new building was finished. Rabbi Kaminetzky retired in 1999 and now serves the Congregation as Rabbi Emeritus.
Along with a New Year in Tishrei 5760, Congregation Ohav Emeth has begun a new chapter in its history with the appointment of Rabbi Eliyahu D. Kaufman as our new Morah D'asrah.